Most eye tests involve the doctor asking you to read letters from a table. Each line of the chart shows smaller letters. This test is basic, especially if it's used to check if the eyes are normal or blurry.
For your eye test, you can also look for the best vision screening device via www.ai-optic.com/product.
Image Source: Google
These are some of the reasons we should have an eye test:
1. To avoid eye damage from undiagnosed conditions, regular eye exams are essential. Eye diseases and vision problems can develop without our knowing. It is possible to prevent further damage by early detection.
2. It is crucial to diagnose eye problems early, especially for young children. Early detection can help prevent learning and development problems. Sight problems in children can often be treated.
3. Eye tests are also required for children aged 1-5 years old to check for eye problems, such as crossed eyes or turned-out eyes.
4. Regular eye tests should be performed on all people who work in occupations that impact the eyes. Drivers and others who work long hours can be included in this category. If possible, regular tests are a good way to detect problems and quickly get the medical attention you need.
5. Contact lenses and glasses wearers need to have their eyes checked regularly. An eye exam can help determine if you need to adjust your contact lenses or eyeglasses.
6. A regular vision test is recommended for people who have a history of eye disease in the family or those with a chronic condition such as diabetes. This will help to monitor your vision and detect any more serious problems.
These reasons are enough to justify regular and early eye exams.