In some situations, it might be clear that you need professional legal assistance when facing criminal charges. However, many people wonder if it is necessary to contact a lawyer in their situation.
Do you call a criminal defense lawyer for help with a traffic violation? When you are arrested but not yet charged with a crime?
While everyone’s situation is different, a criminal defense lawyer in Denver can assist you in many scenarios, and you should never hesitate to consult with an attorney about your specific case.
Image Source: Google
Ways An Attorney Can Help
You might first imagine a defense attorney representing defendants at criminal trials, though there are many other ways an attorney can help prior to the trial stage. Some common ways that our law firm helps clients facing criminal issues include:
- Representing them during the investigative stage of a case before charges are issued
- Providing representation and protections in police interrogations to prevent clients from saying anything against their interests
- Fighting for lower bail at bail hearings when needed
- Advising clients how to plead at initial hearings
- Discussing a possible dismissal of charges with the prosecutor and judge
- Reviewing the details leading to traffic citations or an arrest to identify whether the police committed constitutional violations
- Negotiating for a favorable plea agreement should a client choose to plead guilty to an offense
Whether you face a speeding ticket, allegations of a misdemeanor offense, or a serious felony charge, the right attorney can help prevent a conviction and consequences in many different ways.